
Finally, on one of these really hot days we've been having, a light bulb went off for my parents, and they took me to the beach. What were we waiting for?? It was one of the best days of my life. I mean, sand, sun and a bare bum -- what could be better?!

The sand flats below Chetzemoka Park were exposed at one of the lowest tides of the year (minus 3.5 feet below the mean), and there was a 2-inch-deep pool warmed by the sun that was perfect for sitting and splashing in.

Mmmm, the silty sand felt so silky smooth, and there were fun eelgrass ribbons to wave around.

Good thing my sunscreen is waterproof. Let's just say Mom was wiping sand out of my ears for the rest of the week.

Did I mention we can walk to this beach from our house in about five minutes? That means there is NO EXCUSE for not going often. I gotta start learning to build those things I've heard about called sand castles...
(Thanks to Auntie Nora for taking these great pictures!)
No comments:
Post a Comment