Saturday, April 2, 2011

Photos of My Toes

I'd been wondering about this thing called a "camera" for a while. My mom's been pointing one at my face since the day I was born (often at very odd times, like when I'm yawning or have spaghetti noodles all over my face or am sitting on the potty), and she usually lets me peek at the little screen and see the pictures right after -- although sometimes I have to wait until she downloads them onto the 'pewter. Then we look at them on the big screen.

But Mom never let me HOLD her camera, which has always looked like the fun part. To be behind the lens, I mean -- framing the shot, deciding when to press the shutter button, freezing a snapshot in time. Then came a visit from Auntie Nora, and she said "no problem, Soren, I'll show you how to use MY camera." And she did! Aren't aunties the best?

I took about a hundred pictures that afternoon, I think. My own toes made quite a lovely tableau. I took a photo of every houseplant, then every door in our house, then every chair. I was really into series.

Mom was on a walk, and when she came back, I took her picture and GUESS WHAT? She wanted to peek at the back of Nora's camera and see it! I almost didn't let her, but then I was nice and I did.

I wish I had my first portfolio to show you, but Nora didn't leave the pictures on our 'pewter before she left. I think they're still stuck in her camera. I hope she didn't delete any.

After all that practice, and showing Mom how careful I was with my auntie's camera, she let me use hers this week at Playschool. Here's a picture I took of Teacher Erin and her ukelele.

And here's a picture Mom took of me at Playschool. That's something I still haven't figured out -- how you can take a picture of yourself. I hear there's a way to do it, though. I can't wait to learn how.

No comments: