Sunday, June 20, 2010

Two Trains in One Weekend ~ And a Car!

We leave Portland tomorrow, but already it's been quite a weekend. I got to ride trains two days in a row! OK, today's choo-choo was quite a bit tamer -- and smaller -- than yesterday's (see last post), but it was still cool. See me and Dad in the second seat back?
The train made one slow circuit of Oaks Amusement Park, a place filled with kids, swirling colors and noises, screams, and something my parents called a "funhouse mirror" that made our family look like three little dwarfs.
We were with Auntie Jill, and she had suggested we stop by Oaks Park after a full day at Fort Vancouver (another story entirely) to ride the carousel. Which we did, but that wasn't the highlight.
That might have been watching Daddy act like a little kid in his first go at Bumper Cars...
...but to be honest, I'd have to say the highlight for me was driving this car. Just me. In the driver's seat. We were probably going 25 miles per hour, I'd say. Round and round, and I got to spin the wheel as much as I liked with no danger of veering off course.
When the ride was over and we started to walk away, I had a sudden panic that I'd never get a chance like this again, so I started yelling, "Again! Again!" Bless their hearts, my parents listened and gave me another ticket to drive the car again.
Twice was enough. I was happy then to go watch Jill flip upside down on the roller coaster. Hmmm, how tall do you have to be to ride that one?? Maybe next year.

No comments: