Friday, March 6, 2009

Was MY Head Ever That Small?

There's a new baby in my neighborhood named Jonah and I bet we are going to be friends.

He was born on Feb. 20 and my mom and I were his first visitors on Feb. 24, so Jonah was only four days old!! He was so small I could hardly believe it. Was I ever that small???
Well, actually I wasn't, because Jonah weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces at birth and I weighed 8 pounds. But even if our heads were roughly the same size, look how much mine has grown in just six months!!!

Jonah was born at his home, like I was born at my home, which is cool. We shared the same midwife, Kathy. Jonah's mom is named Karyn and she bakes bread and makes yogurt, which I can't wait to taste. He is also very lucky to have a dog -- a really big, brown dog named Fella. He lets me pet him and licks my fingers. I don't think my parents will ever let me have a dog...
But if I can go over and play with Fella, that will be almost as good. Hey, Jonah, isn't that what friends are for?

No comments: